Do you ever wonder what you should bring to a summer bbq, picnic or party? This is the perfect dessert to impress your neighbors….friends… or family. What I love the MOST is that it is sooo simple to make, it’s embarrassing. You basically already have all the ingredients in your house, all you need is fruit! This fruit cobbler can be made with either fresh berries or frozen. My only advice is to not thaw the berries but to add them frozen, then they will bake to perfection.
Blackberry Picnic Cobbler
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
- 1 cup flour self-rising
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar light
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups berries (if frozen do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Melt butter & pour into either a 9-inch pie dish or a cast-iron skillet.
- Combine the flour, white sugar, 1 Tbs of brown sugar, cinnamon, milk & vanilla in a bowl. Whisk to combine, batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the skillet or pie dish, then pour the fruit over the batter & give the dish a little shake-shake.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven & sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs of brown sugar.
- Serve with ice-cream.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.