Baked chicken is a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Not only is it packed with protein and other essential nutrients, but it is also easy to make and can be prepared in a variety of ways.
One of the best things about baked chicken is that it is incredibly versatile. You can use any type of chicken you like, from juicy boneless breasts to flavorful drumsticks, and there are endless flavor combinations you can try.
One of the key elements to making delicious baked chicken is to season it well. A simple mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder is a great starting point, but you can also experiment with other herbs and spices to add more depth of flavor. For example, you could try adding some cumin, paprika, or thyme to the mix.
There are many different ways you can serve your juicy baked chicken. One option is to serve it with a simple side of steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or green beans. You can also try pairing it with a fresh green salad or a light pasta dish.
Another option is to use your juicy baked chicken as a topping for a delicious sandwich or wrap. Simply shred the chicken and mix it with your favorite sauce or dressing, then pile it onto a toasted bun or wrap it up in a tortilla.
No matter how you choose to serve it, juicy baked chicken is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s a tasty and healthy meal that is sure to become a regular on your dinner rotation.
Juicy Baked Chicken
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce, soy sauce, red wine, maple syrup, chili powder, dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9×13-inch baking dish, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Turn the chicken pieces over in the sauce to coat both sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the baking dish, and keep warm.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce; reduce heat to a simmer, and allow the sauce to thicken, whisking constantly. Return the chicken to the dish, and pour the thickened sauce over the chicken to serve.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.