This sweet and savory dish satisfies every craving for fried rice! With rice, chicken and vegetables the prep is quick, just set it in the morning and have a healthy, hearty, delicious meal ready to go for dinner.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (sometimes I will cheat and use a precooked chicken from the store!)
- Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
- Raw Honey
- Rice Vinegar
- Fresh Ginger
- Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Tapioca Starch
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions
- Brown Rice
- Sesame Oil
- Frozen Peas
Place the chicken breast on the bottom of the crockpot. Mix together the coconut aminos (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger. Pour this mixture over the chicken and cook on low for about 6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl and set aside. Pour the sauce from crock pot into a small saucepan. Dissolve tapioca starch in water and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and stir until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Pour half of the sauce, reserving the other half for the rice, over the shredded chicken and stir to coat.
You can refrigerate or freeze this dish, just place it in a zip-lock. When reheating you can crisp it up on a skillet or microwave it to remain soft.
🍜 Variations & Substitutions
If you prefer white rice, feel free to swap it out for the brown rice in this recipe, both work fine!
Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki with Fried Brown Rice
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Raw Honey
- ⅓ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp Palm Sugar or 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch plus 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- ¼ Green Onions chopped (optional)
Fried Brown Rice
- 1 cup Brown Rice dry
- 1-2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Carrots chopped
- ½ cup Frozen Peas
- 1 small Zucchini diced
- 2 eggs whisked
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Place the chicken breast on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Mix together coconut aminos (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger.
- Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour sauce from crock pot into a small saucepan.
- Dissolve tapioca starch in water and add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour half of the sauce, reserving the other half for the rice, over the shredded chicken and stir to coat.
Fried Brown Rice
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots and frozen peas, cover.
- Cook until onion and carrots are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute another minute.
- Move the vegetables to the outside of the skillet leaving a hole in the middle.
- Add eggs to the hole in middle and scramble.
- Add brown rice and reserved teriyaki sauce, stir to combine.
- Spoon fried rice onto plates and top with the shredded teriyaki chicken.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.