If you need a tasty breakfast and you’re tired of the same old breakfast casseroles, you NEED to make this!
Biscuits & Gravy is a southern favorite, perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It’s EASY to make, hearty, filling and just down right delicious. Your taste buds will thank me.
This dish consists of soft doughy biscuits (either hand-made or from a can if you don’t have time) covered in either sawmill or meat gravy made from cooked pork sausage, white flour, half & half (or whole milk will work) with bits of sausage, ground beef or bacon. Sometimes I have used all 3, for my keto version…LOL
Biscuits and Gravy
- 8-12 biscuits
- 1 12 oz Jimmy Dean Sausage
- ½ cup small onion chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 ½ cups half & half
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- freshly ground pepper
- Brown sausage & onions in a large pan. Drain & remove grease. It's ok to leave a little grease for flavor.
- Add flour, butter and half & half. Cook on medium-low for several minutes, continually stirring to thicken.
- Add rosemary, thyme & ground pepper.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.