Springtime Succotash With Bacom
A perfect side dish for any occasion. The perfect blend of black-eyed peas, bacon and corn!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups corn fresh corn kernels are preferred
- 2 cups black-eyed peas cooked
- sea salt & pepper
- hot sauce as you desire
- preheat oven to 400°F
- Cook the bacon in a a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Remove the bacon, drain (reserve some bacon grease in the pan) and chop.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, corn & black-eyed peas to the bacon drippings in the pan. Stir & coat.
- Put in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Some folks like to top it off with hot sauce.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Love this recipe?If you like my recipes, please be sure to tag me on Facebook @cookminrecipes and tell me why you love it!