I know… I know….. How can you call this a “brownie”? There’s NO chocolate & no fudgy cake! I know this isn’t your typical brownie, I’m calling this your Summer Brownie because it has the same texture, yet it’s more light & fluffy.
Lemon cake is huge in the south, but what if you want something a little more…fudgy…without the fudge? These lemon glazed lemon brownies are the answer! It’s somewhere between a cake and a brownie. They are sweet and tangy. You can either go heavy on the lemon or as light as your prefer.
After you make the glaze & pour it over the brownies, it needs to sit and firm up before slicing into them. After I spread the glaze, I like to add more zing by sprinkling more lemon zest. Adding fruit such as raspberries or blueberries that pairs very well with lemon can add some decadence. Believe me, you will enjoy these summer brownies.
Southern Triple Lemon Brownies
- 8×8 inch or a 9×9 baking pan
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon fresh juice
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2-3 cups powder sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice from lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease pan or line with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the salt, lemon juice and zest.
- Fold in the flour and stir just until everything is well incorporated. Do not over mix!
- Spread into prepared pan, bake for 30 minutes or until it is set in the center.
- Cool for 20 minutes before lifting the brownies out.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk and vanilla. Mix to make a thick but pourable glaze. Spread over the top of the cooled brownies.
- Top with a little lemon zest and let the glaze harden before slicing into them.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.