Easy and Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
These soft peanut butter cookies are vegan, totally eggless, and so easy to make! Chewy with crunchy bits of natural peanut butter, this peanut butter cookie recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and is expected to be enjoyed ASAP. You can also use chocolate chips to make yummy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Do you like chewy cookies? How about chewy cookies that are soft, easy, and filled with protein? These vegan peanut butter cookies are so rich in flavor you will not want any other cookie. Minimal and ready in minutes, this simple peanut butter cookie recipe is perfect for when you have a sweet tooth for something yummy.
Sprinkled with sugar with notes of vanilla, these healthy cookies are better than what you would find at any grocery store. When I made these cookies, I just knew they were going to turn out delicious. It’s rare that I get a craving for peanut butter cookies, but when I do, I make this vegan recipe.
Why This Recipe is Amazing
- These peanut butter cookies are totally egg-free and definitely plant-based.
- Warm, rich, and filled with nutty flavors are some of the key elements of this easy cookie recipe.
- Easy to make within minutes–you will have warm soft cookies smelling your whole house up with wonderful aromas.
- Kid-friendly and perfect for snack time. If you and your kid do not have nut allergies, then these cookies are A+ perfect for those moments when you’re looking for an easy pick-me-up.
What are some desserts I can make with peanut butter?
You can make a ton of delicious desserts with peanut butter. Some of our favorite options include:
- Vegan peanut butter cookie bars
- Overnight oats with peanut butter (you can enjoy these either as breakfast or dessert!)
- Brownies and different types of cookies
- Peanut butter brittle
- Peanut butter and banana muffins
- Cheesecakes and mousse recipes
- Creamy peanut butter shakes
- And many more ideas!
Are homemade cookies better than store bought cookies?
In my opinion, yes, homemade cookies are way better than storebought cookies. These homemade, easy vegan cookies are super chewy and filled with warm bright ingredients that are distinctively different from storebought cookies.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love some store bought cookies!
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full list of ingredients. The list below is only some of the ingredients.
Peanut butter: You can use either creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter. I used crunchy peanut butter because I like the additional textures in the cookies.
Sugar: Any type of granulated sugar can be used here, but I simply used raw cane sugar. The sugar helps these cookies become soft, chewy, and the perfect amount of sweet. Feel free to experiment with different types of sweeteners such as maple syrup and vegan honey.
Milk: Almost any kind of thick dairy-free milk will work for these cookies. I like to use oat milk, but any milk such as soy, cashew, or hemp will do.
Flax eggs: All you will need is some flax meal and some water to create flax eggs. Flax eggs are a nutrient-dense alternative to eggs and add a bit of fiber to the cookies.
Flour: I used all-purpose flour, but you can easily use 1:1 gluten-free flour blends using oat, almond, or coconut flours.
How to Make Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
First, combine the peanut butter and sugar in a medium to a large bowl with a mixer. Mix the cookie dough with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until it is smooth and uniform in texture.
After that, add the dairy-free milk to the cookie mixture. Combine.
Next, add the flax eggs and vanilla extract. Mix the dough until combined.
Finally, add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl with the messy dough. Mix the mixture with your mixing utensil until the dough is smooth and evenly combined. Be careful not to overmix the dough or the cookies will not rise.
Next, take spoonfuls of the dough out of the bowl and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies with a fork and make criss-cross designs with your fork.
Next, bake the cookies in the preheated oven for ten minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and enjoy.
- Add more flour if the dough is too sticky. If you are using natural peanut butter, then you may need to use additional flour.
- Any type of plant-based milk will work such as almond, oat, cashew, hemp, flax, or macadamia.
- Substitute the sugar with monk fruit sweetener, maple syrup, or Swerve.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Store the cookies in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy these cookies warm with ice cream, dairy-free milk, caramel sauce, chocolate, etc.
Yes, applesauce will work in this cookie recipe. Instead of flax eggs, use three tablespoons of applesauce with each cup of peanut butter.
If you overmix the cookies and use too much sugar and not enough flour, then the cookies will possibly come out flat. Be sure to properly measure your ingredients.
The cookies will be lightly browned on the exterior and will develop cracks. If you want the cookies more crispy, cook them for four more minutes.
Be sure to use baking soda that is up-to-date, do not overmix, chill the dough, and roll the cookie dough into even round spheres prior to baking.
Be sure to leave a star rating below and leave a review!
Soft and Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Baking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer with whisks
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1 cup sugar any type of sugar will work
- 4 tablespoons milk plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt a generous pinch
- First, in a small bowl, combine the flax meal and the water. Stir until smooth and allow the mixture to sit for five minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, combine the peanut butter and sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the flaxseed mixture and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl with the peanut butter. Stir until combined and evenly smooth.
- Next, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a measuring spoon that equals 1.5 tablespoons, scoop out balls of the cookie dough.
- Mold the cookie dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all of the cookie dough is used.
- Next, with a fork, create a criss-cross pattern on top of the cookies prior to baking. Place the cookies in the oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Finally, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for five to ten minutes. Enjoy.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.